Welcome to the PMESII tool index
What is PMESII?
PMESII (Political, Military, Economic, Social, Infrastructure and Information systems) and DIME (Diplomatic, Informational, Military and/or Economic) are key concepts in Irregular Warfare and Effects-Based Operations simulations. PMESII describes the foundation and features of an enemy (or ally) state and can help determine the state's strengths and weaknesses, as well as help estimate the effects various actions will have on states across these areas.
What is this site for?
This reference is meant to assist Joint Forces staff in selecting training and simulation software that can appropriately simulate PMESII conditions and actions. The main navigation to your left provides two ways of browsing tools. Complete tool index contains a list of all tools arranged alphabetically by title. Tools by PMESII domain contains tools broken down by PMESII categories, allowing you to browse solely for tools associated with a specific domain.
For any questions about how to add or edit articles to this wiki, please use the Wiki help link in the navigation menu. This will take you to an off-site help index.
- 2009-04-06: Wiki version upgraded
- The wiki backend has been upgraded to the newest version. Some features are being upgraded or tweaked to work properly with this version. Some downtime may be experienced, but it will be during nonessential times and will be fixed ASAP. If you need to ensure that no changes are being made during a certain period, please contact the Administrator.
- 2008-09-08: Protection Policy added
- The page protection guidelines have been outlined. Administrators should note the current policy and make any changes or clarifications necessary.
- 2008-02-12: DIMEFIL-IRAD Spreadsheet
- We would like to thank Lesa A. McComas for compiling the DIMEFIL-IRAD spreadsheet put together as part of an IR&D effort in 2007. This was a helpful resource and aided us in our search to find tools and resources for our survey of PMESII tools.
- Older news...